Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

names and passwords 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2001
AU
I have a family using this computer.
Before when using hotmail I would only have to type the first letter of the name and my computer would fill in the rest.
Now its not working?????
can anyone help.
Thanks Michelle

If you open Internet Explorer and go to Tools->Internet Options, a dialog box opens, go to the Content tab, and in here click on the button for Auto Complete and select the options you want....

Also, a thing to note, if this is already ticked, then the problem could be that the Temp Internet Files have been deleted, these are the files that are stored on your PC so that you can have faster browsing, and this also contains any addresses that have been typed in. If this is cleared (by going to Tools->Internet Options and then going to delete temp file) then you will have to retype the address for hotmail again, after which though it should resave its self...... Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Hi Michelle,

"Before when using hotmail I would only have to type the first letter of the name and my computer would fill in the rest."

What name are you talking about? Your username when you go to login to your account? You're probably referring to the autocomplete feature. Tools--internet options--content tab--autocomplete button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back