Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Named anchors

Status
Not open for further replies.

palle

Technical User
May 30, 2000
DE
When inserting named anchors into a document, Explorer 4.0 refuses to go there. It usually just goes to the top of the page where the anchor is located. After clicking 2 or 3 times it will sometimes go to the anchor.<br>What am I doing wrong?

I've encontered the same problem.&nbsp;&nbsp;maybe I'm wrong here, but in my case I've noticed that IE will only take you to the page if the ancher is still accesible vissually from the top of the page.&nbsp;&nbsp;As for NT, it will bring the page up to the anchor..<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Don't know why that is, but I would also like to know of a fix for this, if there are any.<br> <p>Andre Vandal<br><a href=mailto:dezign@canada.com>dezign@canada.com</a><br><a href= Dezign's Sites</a><br>A bit of eveything Celestial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back