Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name of formatted Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

misco1

Technical User
May 7, 2004
DE
Hello,

we use Brightstor v.11.0. Meanwhile the backup works without any problems. The only thing I recognize is, that
Arcserve doesn't recognize the inserted tape by its real name e.g.: 005 - 01.05.2004.
The tape will be identified by its ID only.
Is this a known bug, where a patch is available?

Thanks, greetings

misco1

I have seen this problem, and not really sure what you mean. Tapes are identifed in the device manager window, activity and job logs, and in the database. For all these to list the tape by ID and not name seems unlikely.

Regardless the place to start is to install the 11.0 to 11.1 update and then SP1 for 11.1.

Hello davidmichel,

sorry that i couldn't explain the problem right.
i should give the information that it can happen that the same tape name will be displayed on several id's.
you can differentiate the tape by id only because the name of the tape will be displayed wrong (window, activity and job logs, and in the database).
If you format a tape (name e.g.: monday), the tapes used for the following days, all will have the name of the first tape(name e.g.: monday). Alltought they are formatted with theire specific names (tuesday, wendnesday, ...).

Greetings
misco

I meant to say have not seen the problem.

What type of backup job is it?
custom, rotation, or GFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back