Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name Display on VoIP Trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaaNajem

Technical User
Sep 18, 2005
BH
Dear All,

I have done the networking between BCM400 and AVAYA system using H323 trunks. It worked fine, I'm able to make and receive calls.

Question 1
There is any way to send the name along with the extention number over the VoIP Trunks from the BCM to the remote site?

Question 2
When I'm running the BCM monitor I can see that the AVAYA System sending me the name and the number. My question is: It is possible to show the name and the number on the display screen for the nortel phones for any call comes through the VoIP Trunks from the remote site?

Regards

ALAA NAJEM

Configure a business name on the system and an OLI on each set. Thats whats required to display name across IP trunks between two BCMs - not quite sure what will happen when the BCM calls an Avaya thoug.

Dear biv343,

I have no idea what you mean by business name. Please clarify.

Under Services, Telephony Services. Click General. You'll see a field for business name. Type in some identifier (like the site name) that is 7 characters or less.

Note that sometimes populating this field will cause problems dialing out a PRI. That is dependent on the carrier you use. Sometimes is breaks things, sometimes it doesn't.

Hi

There is a great section in the BCM 50 manuals, if you goto the networking section that explains how to setup name display for both i/c and o/g calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back