Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name Display on second line

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOBAYASHIMARU

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2004
US
We have a a mixture of Meridian 81, 61, and 11's We have recently been enabeling Inbound Caller ID on our PRI's so that the external callers name can be dispalyed on the sets with a display. The problem is that while it works fine for Line 1 if you are already on the phone and a second call comes in all the display shows is the number calling in on the second line not the name. Our integrator tells me it is a limitation of the Meridian systems, Nortel tells me it can be done.

What is the truth and if it is possible how can it be done. Thanks, what a great forum.

i think ira in class will do that, if not i'll post look at my switch room phone tomorrow...let me know

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Are your phonesets configured with TDD (Tandem Digit Display) in the CLS of the set programming?

I to have been trying to get the key 1 to display the caller ID while key 0 is active on a call without using the display key or answering key 1.
Setup; 2616 w/display

CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFA MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUA DNDA CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTU DNDY DNO3
CPND_LANG ENG
Thanks, norm

nomatech, hmmm...I would expect that would do it. How old is your 2616?

Do you have this working at your site? If this is a vintage thing with the 2616 set would you compare yours to mine please.
I'm running on an Option 11C VERSION 2111, REL. 24, ISSUE 24+
ARIES TN 006 0 00 12
TN ID CODE: M2616
NT CODE: NT2K16GH
COLOR CODE: 35
RLS CODE: 01
SER NUM: 3CC2E3
Thanks, norm

ira and tdd should be all you need, i'll check the rls on my set, it works, so i'll post that set in the morning

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

here is the cls marks on my 3904, it does work, if i am on line 1 i get name and number for incomong rings on my second mcr key...

CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR PUA MTA FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTA SFA MRD DDV CNID CDCD MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTA CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUD DNDA CFXA ARHA FITA CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICA NAID RNGI AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I noticed you are using MCR keys rather than SCR. I will try that out and reply.
Thanks, norm

yes because we have 10,000 did numbers we don't really have spare numbers for line 2, we will be going to 5 digits this year

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back