Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name difference between 6.7.1 and 7.5 ??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ediav8or

Programmer
Jul 22, 2004
US
I'd like to direct my question specifically to BocaBurger since you seem to be the resident answer person. :)

My company currently uses Mercator 6.7.1. Since the acquisition by Ascential, are there any name changes to the core software when it gets delivered or is it still called Mercator. I know the actual name is now DataStageTX, but I am wondering if the actual software reflects that when I go to install it.

Thanks,
ediav8or

PS We haven't yet received version 7.5.

Hi
Obviously I'm not Bocaburger but....

The name Mercator (and shortened versions of it) have been removed completely from 7.5 right down to the .ini file name. In the Whats New 1030.pdf is a table of the changes in name made.

Congratulations, ManchesterTim, you have been made an honorary BocaBurger :)

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Just to complicate matters, the tags have been changed in log files to remove references to Mercator so you need a new map to read log files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back