Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name Dialing not in synch with Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

THAphoneman

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2006
US
Hello, and thanks in advance if you can offer any help...

I cannot seem to figure out where the list is maintained that controls the "name dialing" feature within our main auto attendant message.

ex. I call in from the outside after business hours. After the main message has picked up, i can press 9 and type the last name i'm looking for....

I assumed it is automatically synchronized with the CPND from our swith, but that apparently is not the case. Can anyone tell me how to keep that list up to date???

We run Call Pilot 2.0 and have an Option 11.

Thanks guys.

It doesn't synch with your CPND from the PBX it is synced with the name defined on the voicemail box. Make sure each subscriber records their personal verification in their mailbox or the directory will be very confusing.

You also have to make sure there are no typos on the name ( in VM not the PBX) so that you get the correct names.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back