Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

name.com domains - nameserver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluntbill

Programmer
Jun 7, 2006
PT
I haver purchased a domain with name.com.

I have a dns server which I already configured to give authorative answers about that domain. I can dig info on that server about that domain (@IP_of_the_server). The problem is that I wanted to say, in my name.com control panel, that I want querys about my domain to be forwarded and answered by my own server. I tried removing the default nameservers and replacing them by ns1.mydomain.org, giving the IP of my server... The problem is that I can't get it to work. If i whois my domain, I can see my nameserver, but when i DIG for info, it doesn't return the info about domain, subdomain and IPs that I have configured in my server...

Does anyone work with name.com domains, or knows how to solve this?

Thank you

forget it, I got it to work.

I had only put 1 nameserver, and when I whois, I noticed my domain was inactive...When I added a second nameserver, it started working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back