Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name Change On Phone Display 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbenezra

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2000
CA
Hello,

I am a novice at administering our Meridian 1 Option 11.
My question if anyone can please help is:
I am trying to change an a departed employees name from the display on the phone.
Within MAT Navigator I tried going into CPND Administration and change the name. The name changed successfully within the CPND Administration but when I call the extension the old users name is still there.
Can anyone please help?

Thank You

DID YOU SYNCHRONIZE THE CHANGE AFTER YOU MADE IT?

ALSO YOU CAN GO INTO THE TERMINAL AND USE LD 95.

LD 95
REQ CHG
TYPE NAME
CUST USUALLY 0
CPND_LANG <CR>
DIG <CR>
DN EXTENSION NUMBER TO BE CHANGED
NAME ENTER NEW NAME
<CR> UNTIL YOU RETURN TO REQ:

IF THE OLD USER WAS IN THE VOICE MAIL SYSTEM, YOU WILL HAVE TO CHANGE THE PERSONAL VERIFICATION ON THE MAILBOX AS CALLERS TO THAT EXTENSION USING DIRECTORY LOOKUP WILL HEAR THE OLD USER'S NAME. IT MAY BE A GOOD IDEA TO TOTALLY OUT THE OLD USER'S MAILBOX AND REBUILD IT WHEN A NEW USER IS ASSIGNED.

I think that is the issue...the Sync Status says RPL.
How do I syncronize?

Thank you for your quick response

Highlight the line that you want to synchronize.

One of the options on the menu bar at the top has Synchronize. YOu want to synchronize the selected line &quot;TO&quot; the switch (update the switch with the change).

Your MAT documentation should explain this clearly under user administration.

Good luck

I have a similar problem but after I type the DN #, I get the response &quot;sch2119&quot; and then it goes back to requesting a DN #. I also want to be able to change a name on a display, but I type and get this,

>ld 95
REQ CHG
TYPE NAME
CUST 0
DIG ENTERKEY
DN &quot;Extension#&quot;
SCH2119
DN.

Am I doing something wrong here. please help. thanks.

Is the DN in your numbering plan or defined in the switch? If it's not you will get SCH2119
Go to ld 20 and do a prt dnb on the DN and see if you get an error.

could you tell me what to enter line by line, I'm sorry but the &quot;do a prt dnb on the DB&quot; is kind of unfamiliar to me. I'm a newbie on this stuff. thanks PBXRookie.

Did you ever get your CPND problem fixed? There are a few other things to try. You can email me at nospam2@ciwareworks.com and I will try to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back