Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM Voicemail Troubles 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlquestTech

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
I have a MICs with a NAM for which I will receive the following complaint every couple years or so.
I will have people tell me that they are not getting their voicemail messages until hours after the message was left.
According to the customers they even check their voicemail and there is nothing there, but when they check it the next day, or later that afternoon, they have a message that should have been their when they checked it.

I will get these complaints from a few people for about a week or so and then it disappears for a year or two.

I can never get the problem to duplicate when I test, of course..

Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Should I just reboot the NAM?

It's normally an excuse to cover themselves. If the message was forwarded/copied it will show that time stamp, not the original message time stamp.

Adversity is Opportunity

This is actually a known issue with all of the voicemail platforms for Norstar prior to the CallPilot, now known as Norstar Messaging.
Nortel never found the root cause.
Best you can do is reboot the NAM a few times to empty out the buffer.

-SD-

There was a really old issue with older MICS sw and the NAM, causing this issue. It was resolved with a DIP switch setting on the NAM. I'll see if I can find my notes. I think it only affected R1T1 sw, though.

I've never heard of an issue with dip switch settings on older NAMs, so I hope you can find your notes. Normally 1,2,3,9 are up and the rest are down. 8 is up if a video card is installed, otherwise leave it down.

Brian Cox

I'm with SupportDude on this one. I gave up opening tickets with Nortel on this issue as they never could resolve it!!!!

I usually recommend deleting the mailbox, rebooting the unit, and then adding the mailbox back in once the unit is up and running again. It has worked for me in the past. Might want to give that a shot.

There are some occassions that I can not re-enter the mailbox. It says can not continue... if that happens, just assign a different mailbox and possible extension number.

NTL555

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back