Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM UPGRADE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver987

Vendor
Sep 22, 2004
US
Does anyone know where I can purchase a NAM upgrade. My customer has a fiber NAM 4.0, wants to upgrade her 1.0 MICS to 6.1 but must upgrade the NAM. My supplier wants $950.00 to upgrade. I think that is a little out of line. Any help would be appreciated.

Go to your Nortel Dealer and request the upgrade CD. We do it here @ my company for $650.00.

Nam555

are you at NAM s/w version 4.0 or have a 4port NAM

if you are below version 4 , you may need a hard disk change as well

senk1s,
I was palnning an old NAM upgrade tell me more about the HD change please.

when you are below 4.0 version , your HD size could be below 540Mb, in which case you cannot upgrade the voicemail software

It's more than just the NAM R4.1 upgrade CD. You also need a NAM OS/2 boot floppy and a Backpack CD-rom to load the upgrade. In rare cases you might also need a keycode, although this is usually not necessary if the NAM is already at R4.0.

Brian Cox

O.K. what are my options? If any...
And thanks for the input. I really do apreciate it.

Silver987,

Unless you have a Backpack CD-ROM you will need to send the NAM in for upgrading. Turnaround is one day.

Roldan,

Only a R1 NAM would have a hard drive below 540MB. Any other release should have a big enough hard drive from my experience.

Brian Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back