Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterCommDave

Technical User
Jan 17, 2007
I have customer that reports NAM is slow and sometimes times out. This is very old system, but they would like to try to fix this and limp thru the rest of the school year because nextyear they are moving to a new building and will be replacing the system. This is MICS 1.1 with copper connected NAM. I have looked thru the NAM Access2 log and it seems that every day about the same time a message comes up about enough disk. Is this a daily routine message that tells me that there is enough disk to operate or a problem that the system doesn't have enough disk. Is there any way to get mailbox usage reports remotely?

Dave,
You have an oldie on your hands there. As old as that NAM is, I would be careful what you do to it. You can reboot, but I would ask for mercy before you do; it may not come back. Those hard drives are very hard to find and that one may be going. Without knowing the s/w level, you may be able to connect your laptop to the printer port of the NAM via Hyperterm or Procomm and print the NAM reports (option 7, I think). You can see if a particular m/box is full. I have also seen no mailbox issue and that enough disk message anyways, sometime prior to the drive going kaputski ............

Remotely is pain in the ass, go to site hook up your old laptop with hyper terminal and get the report.
See our FAQ's for connecting.

Delete all unwanted mailboxes and make sure they are checking the GD for messages.

Otherwise sounds like hard drive maybe failing.
You might still be ok if you want to try to copy the image to another drive.

Make sure to backup the sekur file in F915 and the greetings/mboxes in F983 asap.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back