Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM not Booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

notme11

Technical User
Dec 15, 2004
US
Hello Everyon, I got A little problem, I relocated a norstar 8x24 with a NAn to a new building, I powered everything up and all was well on Sat.
move in day today The nam is Down, power down bring back up and nothing i get the initial bip sound butthats all, I don't get the other sounds to tell me it's running when I check the port status on the norstar it tell me they're unequiped but if I plug a phone they work like a charm.
Any suggestiond will help.

Nortel Tech trying to Be Norstar Tech.

pulled cards out no response, funny it was working when i left an next day nothing...

a couple of things you can do: 1. Try powering down both the ksu and nam then bring up the ksu first once it is back on line then bring up the nam. If that doesn't work power the nam down and remove the mother board (with a ground strap) and gently take an eraser like on a pencil to the edge that slides into the slot- it's worked for me before.

Try removing the coin cell battery on the Single board proccessor card and reseat it. If that does'nt work you may need to replace the drive. Are you getting display on the the NAM LED ie 7F or 5E,SA etc? Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back