Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM Delayed message delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

iswsystems

Vendor
Dec 15, 2008
CA
Hi....I've got one mailbox in particular that seems to take the NAM a long time to deliver mail to. Sometimes it's immediate, other times it can take up to a day for a voicemail to appear on his phone. Anybody ever seen this before, what do you suggest?

Try deleting and the rebuilding it

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

There was an SRN out about that years ago....I have it buried somewhere. It was a common problem within the voice mail line.....If I remember right, the solution was to first out and rebuild the m/b, second was to reinstall and rebuild the mail.

First are u sure the mail box isnt at max capacity.Msg is held if mb is full and will not be deposited in said mb untill some msg are deleted"after deleted and logged out of mb"

Diagnosing Delayed Voice Messages on Voicemails on Norstar
Delayed Messages is an issue that has been reported over the years on a small number of the voicemail products
in the Norstar family. This includes StarTalk, StarTalk Mini, FlashTalk and NVM.
The vast majority of incidents have been resolved by:
- rebooting the voicemail unit
- deleting and recreating the mailbox
- deleting and recreating a new mailbox
- deleting all mailboxes and reprogramming the voicemail
If the methods above do not resolve the issue then NVM on the NAM is the only platform that presents us an
opportunity for diagnosing delayed messages. The last recourse for the other products is to replace the unit.
Condition
On the NAM it has been reported on NVM1.0 to NVM4.0. But to proceed with the diagnosis the NAM must be
at a software application level of NVM 4.004E/Access 5.01.00F or newer.
Typically, the delayed messages issue occurs on a few mailboxes (never system wide) and affects a small
percentage (1 or 2 messages per week) of the messages. Delayed messages are a problem for several months
and then it disappears. The delay time ranges from a couple of hours to several days.
Problem recognition
When an end user reports they are experiencing delayed messages, it is critical that the field technician obtain
accurate information about the scenario. This has proved to be a difficult exercise and has been the main reason
for the lack of resolution.
The information that Nortel requires is:
- the delayed message must be saved in the mailbox (if not do not proceed with the diagnosis)
- what message in their mailbox is delayed and what is its envelope information?
- what time was the message left (this requires the mailbox owner to talk to their caller)
- what time did the mailbox owner receive it and was it received with other non-delayed messages or by itself?
- what are the circumstances regarding the last time they went into their mailbox.
- did the 'message for you' indication show up on the set when they went into their mailbox and discovered the
delayed message?
- did the delayed message show up after the NAM was rebooted?
- was the message from an internal or external caller?
- is it possible that the delayed message arrived at the proper time but the 'message for you' indication did not
get presented at the set. Later, another message was received that did turn on the 'message for you' indication
and the user went into the mailbox and discovered the first

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back