Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM Channels-ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyUMASS

Technical User
Mar 28, 2002
US
Ok... I should know the answer to this question, but the correct answer escapes me. You can laugh at me later...
I have been spending so much time on BCM that some of the old Norstar stuff has faded away. Here is my question...

I know on the Flash VM 2, there is only one station port used but it will allow 2 users to be in voice mail at the same time... and Flash 4 allows 4 users to be in VM...
BUT on a NAM, how many users can be in VM per channel?
If I have a NAM with 2 channels does that mean 2 users in voice mail or 4 users in voice mail? How many path ways to voice mail do I have per channel? I have an NAM 8 channel that a customer is asking me questions about, and I can't recall if they have 8 path ways into VM or 16. Can someone help this old guy out?

Norstar Tech...

Tony A.
Antel Communications
1-866-767-5288
norstar@cox.net

Is it a fiber NAM or a copper NAM? If it's a fiber 4 port NAM then most likely 4 people can be in it. If it'a a copper 4 port then most likely 8 people can be in there. Use Feature 915 to find out how many channels are active.

using feature 915....after entering default password...press next until you see "channel status"..press show...press "all". You will see a series of dots representing idle channels , or the letter "r" representing ringing channels, or the letter "x" representing disabled channels, or the letter "c" representing a channel being used on a call.Any with the letter "a" are non activated channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back