Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM 4.1 network access

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxfire

Vendor
Apr 18, 2011
US
I network CP all the time. Ran across a NAM 4.1 that has a network card in it. I checked on line here but I was unable to get it to connect with the Nortel Voice Mail manager Software.

Do you have any directions I can follow? Thanks

I believe that having a mouse,keyboard and vdt hooked up to verify settings/config was easiest
There is a software utility that you config on you pc and boot nam with but you would need a floppy drive to do so
Namip lite is software ...stopped being compatible with windows with windows 2000.

Pretty much retired from telecom and now grow and sell perennials from April-November and Ski from Nov-April

Thanks. I was able to change the router to a range starting from 192.168.110.1 and I got right now. This site has two networked MICS and about 320 users with mailboxes. I know I can back up the mailboxes and CCR via a diskette which I have been. Can I back up the entire disk including messages, keycodes etc. like I do on the CPs?

What happens if the disk fails and I have to transfer all the data to another unit or replace the HD

How strange that the messages would be left out. Why do you think they left the messages out. I could understand that the number of diskettes would be hugh but if the system is able to be networked then it would be able to store all that data on a HD.

What good is restoring messages going to do from the last time you did a backup?.
Say you did it every month.....your restore and now you have messages from a month ago instead of at time of crash, useless!.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back