Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAM 4.1.05 Autoattendant issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have a fiber NAM on a MICS 6.1. All lines are answered by the autoattendant. On an intermittent basis, incoming callers will be sent directly to a mailbox rather than the autoattendant. The mailbox varies. I could call into the system and have no trouble and then one time out of many attempts I will get a mailbox. Any thoughts?

no lines are assigned to ring any telephones. everyone dials 9 and out. all calls answered by the NAM auto attendant.

i only have one phone with 11 lines set to appear for testing (no ring) and that phone doesn't have a mailbox.

i've experienced it myself calling in and it's infrequent.

I have seen this before and what we think is happening is that the ports are full on the voice mail so that it can't transfer to the phone system but can keep it in the VM and put it to the GMB or Ext VMB. I can not prove this but it is the only thing that makes some sence at the site that having he problem.

8 port fiber NAM. very light traffic. i would say 1 out of 50 calls doesn't go to the auto attendant but directly to a mailbox.

if there wasn't enough ports on the v/m the system would ring and ring. It wouldn't go to the v/m at all.
Any chance it's bell call answer picking up? All lines are full/the rollover is full and the line providers mialbox is kicking in?

KSU - Make each line private to reception then change them back to public.
NAM - Change each line to not answer, reboot then change back to AA.
Delete all unused mailboxes.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I am still having this trouble. Should I wipe out the NAM and re-program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back