Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAL errors when logged in as Workstation Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
US
I have this one-off user at one of my clients that for some reason, an application they run requires that they login as WORKSTATION ONLY. Once they get the desktop, they rightclick the RED N, then login.

However, between those two events, their ZEN Application Launcher kicks in and tries to run an application.

It fails because it can't access the network resources, which makes sense because the user is not authenticated.

So my question..

Why is it even trying to run the app? The user is not logged in and their is no middle tier. It is associated to the USER object.

2nd question, how do I get this to stop? Letting the user login as normal is not an option here.

I don't know much about the application except that it pulls the app from a Network location and is associated to the user object.

Thanks.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

It might be set "Force Run" and "Disconnectable" without "Force Cache". Setting "Force Cache" might do the trick if I remember correctly.

Unset "Force Run" to keep it from starting when the agent is loaded.

Have Fun! [afro2]

Or unset "disconnectable" so it runs after the user logs in from the super N.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back