Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAC (Network Access Control) with HP and Radius

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOuellette

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2006
US
I am using a FreeRadius server running on FC7 (Fedora Core 7), currently all it handles is authentication for my wireless network.

I would like to expand my Radius server(s) to also handle Network Access Control (user based) for my current Procurve environment. I know setting up identity based NAC with Radius and Cisco is pretty straight forward, however my company is too cheap to buy Cisco, therefore i am stuck with a Procurve enterprise.

Anyone here play with NAC on Procurves before that can tell me if it's even possible?

Are you asking about using 802.1x to authenticate users on Procurve switches?

I tested it a year or so ago and it worked. We haven't implemented it on the wired network though. We use 802.1x with HP's wireless module now. We authenticate through Microsoft's Internet Authentication Service and AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back