Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

#NA QUESTION 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

modmac

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2003
US
Hello all,
I can't fiqure out the proper formula using ISNA. Basically if a number appears on another sheet then I want to the cell to state "Customer Requires a P.O. For Payment" othewise I want the cell to be blank. Here is the formula I have and it works except for the instead of a blank cell i recieve a #NA:
=IF(VLOOKUP(B9,Accounts!A1:A500,1,0),"CUSTOMER REQUIRES P.O. FOR PAYMENT.",FALSE). Whenever I try the ISNA I recieve a formula error. I checked out this forum and read KenWrights comments
"=IF(ISNA(Your_Formula),"",Your_Formula)"
and for the life of me i just can't get it to work. HELP!!!

Hi,

??? you state that you use the ISNA function, yet your example is sans ISNA ???[highlight white]
[tt]
=IF(isna(VLOOKUP(B9,Accounts!$A$1:$A$500,1,FALSE)),"","CUSTOMER REQUIRES P.O. FOR PAYMENT.")
[/tt][/highlight]

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red][/red]
[tongue][/sub]

Skip, Thank you for repsonding so quickly, I knew from past experience that I would recieve a quick reply. I didn't show the isna formula because when I tried using it I would always get the same result error. So all I had to do was to change the 0 to FALSE. I quess I need to study this more. Thanks Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back