Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mystery transfer on an NEC Elite Ultra 192

Status
Not open for further replies.

mst3k

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
US

prefix: ^^ not a phone guy :)

We have a NEC Ultra 192 PBX, and it's pretty slick. However there seems to be a forward/transfer set somewhere that I cannot find, and it seems to be at the jack/port level.

I have one phone in an old lab that we have here, and no matter what extension I give it or jack it's plugged in to any external calls to that phone get automatically forwarded to another extension. I've made sure to do *feature* 69 *feature* on both phones, but it still happens. I don't have the software to interface with the pbx box itself, I just use the admin code from any phone to reset voice mail passwords, etc.. In that same admin menu there is something for transfer options but I didn't want to change anything in fear that it would make things fantastically worse.

Does anyone know what I am talking about, and is there a fix?

Thanks!

You say "external" call as opposed to internal call?
Say it is ext 101. I you call ext 101, it does not forward but if you call externally and dial ext 101, it transfers off-site?
How about a simple test: Have someone call you "externally" and transfer it to ext 101. See if it also transfers off site. If no, then that means that ext 101 does not really transfer off site it is the trunk that is programmed to go offsite via a virtual. You will have to find out what the virtual is via command 4-42 and 4-43. Then go to the ext on port 01 or 02 and call forward it some place else via command 45 or 47.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back