Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mystery text anchors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwh3

Technical User
May 14, 2009
AU
Hi everyone,

I've inherited a long document that's being updated for a new year edition. I'm using Indesign CS4's cross referencing feature but I noticed that when I create a text anchor, there's already a heap of them in the list which I didn't create. I looked in the bookmarks panel and saw that a whole heap of bookmarks have already been created and there's also a table of contents at the beginning of the document, and I don't whether these text anchors are related to the bookmarks or table of contents so I'm scared to delete them.

I'm just trying to clean the document up so that when I continue with the cross referencing there's not a gigantically long list of text anchors to scroll through to find the right one - but don't know how to because of all these mystery text anchors.

Does anyone know how to identify them or how to solve this problem?

Appreciate any help.

Hi

I don't know the answer but you could save the document under another name and then delete the bookmarks you want to get rid of.

If it screws things up you haven't lost anything.
and if it works you can just continue from there.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back