Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mystery number on Mitel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan737

Technical User
Oct 21, 2014
US
We pulled a CSR record for our PRI and it shows all the numbers that are associated with our Mitel.
Although, there is one number that remains a mystery and does not show up on the CSR.
The number can be reached by extension and from the outside.

To confirm that the number is on the PRI,
I disconnect the PRI and tried calling the number from the outside and it rings fast busy and once the PRI is reconnected it works.

AT&T is confused and so am I.

Any idea?

it could easily be an outside number that is forwarded to your site.

Open a trace via maintenance command: CCS TRACE ENABLE CONTINUOUS

Make a call to the number

Disable the trace via maintenance command: CCS TRACE DISABLE

Inspect the trace output on the screen and observe the digits received for the call. I suspect the digits received will be one of your known DID's and not the number in question. If the digits do match the digits dialed then AT&T needs to step up their game.

BTW AT&T is fully capable of doing a similar trace.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Some carriers here in AU also do overlayed numbers

eg indial range 08 8123 4000- 4099 may have a single number overlayed 08 8362 1200

kwb's method would also highlight it if this was the case - you would see the suspect number in the CCS trace

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Called a single number DDI in the UK. Often used when a customer upgrades to PRI and puts their old main number on the circuit so it can still be used with the new range. Most old analog numbers won't have the ability to have a range as they were provided in singles. An Aux group will also be restricted in the same way, usually just 10 numbers and the ten before and after are already allocated.

@wireman50 - AT&T is the telco and would know all numbers terminated to the PRI. Without exception. The likelihood of a number working and not being in their records is zero.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@KWB- I think that is exactly what I was intimating. Mind you being a customer of BT over here it would not surprise me if BT 'lost' a number......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back