Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mystery Box Advice. [Image Attached]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pst133ox

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2007
US
Hello! I really don't know much about phone systems here.
So I've got a setup that looks almost exactly like this picture (except mirrored) I couldn't really find any model numbers on the devices. They just say Nortel/Norstar all over them. One I think says "Nortalk Flash" the largest "meridian" there seem to be removable things inside the larger one (there is an empty slot)

I'm looking to implement a small scale (less than 20 user) asterisk system but I'm looking to have it work with our preexisting PBX (which I'm assuming this box is)

Anyone have any ideas where I should start hunting for information about how to do that?

That is a Nortel system. you can look on tek-tips for help. there are forums here for them. or you can look online just search for Nortel. and you can always call in a local contractor to help you.

Thanks, i'll search around the forums. (The free option!)

Well, integrating Asterisk with Nortel PBX can be done!

We have clients that uses the asterisk as a gateway and voicemail and for other purposes.

As long as Nortel system has FXO ports, communication with Asterisk can take place!

Check out this list of IP PBX's:

Ben

That is a Nortel MICS 0x32 cabinet with an 0x16 expansion cabinet, Flash voicemail and FastRAD. Depending on what type of cards are in the main cabinet will depend on what you can hook into this system. If LS/DS, the Asterisk will have to break out the lines into FXO handoff. If its a T1 card, you wont be able to connect the Asterisk to it.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back