Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mysterious sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

acebaby

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
US
I'm getting sounds like ads, news over my speakers.I disconnect Internet,no result,disable sound device then enable no result. No DVD in player running Windows 7 acer desktop Realtek sound devices.Sound play all the time e enduring shutdown.Sucking up resources no radio on computer.

well, you could go into msconfig from search bar, and uncheck startup apps, and see if something is loading hidden, and running in the backup.

It is remotely possible you are getting RF breakthrough from a nearby transmitter - do you live near one of these? If it is transmitting in AM mode you would then hear the transmitted signal.

There are ways to help this is you think it could be the problem.

Regards, Andy.
My pathetic attempts at learning HTML can be laughed at here:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://qsl.net/2e0waw/index.htm[/url]

You can run the following malware scanners (in order) to see if something is "bugging" you.
0. RKILL 1. TDSS Killer 2. MalwareByte's Anti-Malware 3. Rogue Killer
The other suggestions were valid as well, but it's always nice to know you have a clean machine.

THEY HAVE FOUND YOU AND NOW THEY WANT TO DRIVE YOU INSANE!!!!![infinity]

ARRGHHHH - RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[shocked]

ACSS - SME
General Geek

I'd 2nd rclarkes answer, also if it's near other deivces it can happen and no **** I once had it happen through a microwave oven!
If in the UK, you may have an earth loop, especially on an extension.
Do you ge it just when powered up before windows, into say the BIOS?
If so 1st thing, just try moving it to another room and see if it continues.

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Disconnect the speakers from the PC, leave them powered on, does the sound stop ?
If not, it's RF from an AM broadcast station being picked up by the speaker wiring. You could use some ferrite clamp-ons on the speaker wires to reduce the effect.

Fred Wagner
(retired, but still involved!)

My computer died it got super slow then apps wouldn't open I think the hard drive died. Killed by mysterious sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back