Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mysterious Order Header Credit Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP520

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2006
US
Greetings:

I'm running Progression SQL 7.6.300C on SQL Server 2000.

The Credit Hold flag on some orders have mysteriously been set to H (credit hold). When I look at the audit trail report, it never shows the orders having been set to hold.

I've also checked credit and payment terms during the time the order was entered and that wasn't the reason it was set to hold. In fact, I checked to see what the audit trail reported when a customer exceeds terms or credit limits and the audit trail shows the order as being on credit hold.

Has anyone run into this issue? I have no explaination for it and I can't find any articles here or on the Exact support site.

Chris Poulin

I just saw this written up as a bug today:

Enter an OE order for a customer that is not on Credit hold in AR. (OE Setup set to Hold override allowed) Manually put the order on hold when entering the order. The status is 1- Booked Order. Next enter another order but this time, do not put the order on hold, save the order. Then go back into the order and set the hold flag and save the setting. When you do you will see the status goes to C, booked order. When you exit the order and come back in again, the order shows Status C - Credit Hold.

Please see this Document: Document: 00.662.370 - Difference between setting hold flag and order status of C=Credit Hold in OE

This is an old document, and I am not sure if this still holds true, but at any rate, between the above 2 scenarios there should be some consistency in the way the status is handled.

Is this what you are experiencing?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back