Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mysterious Commits / log file syncs on Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSch

Technical User
Jul 12, 2001
DE
Hi folks,

could you help me out ?
Since yesterday we're facing some mysterious database commits. We have no idea where they're coming from. It suddenly started and it's occuring about every 10 - 15 minutes. On every occurence the client applications freeze for about 1 minute after that everything's back to normal.

The commits show up on the Grid Control's performance view and come along with extreme log file sync waits ...

As I'm not very experienced with Oracle and our DBA is on vacation I really could use some ideas on where to look in order to identify possible sources for this problem ...

Note: We're using a central DB server under AIX. The database instance experiencing those problems runs under Oracle 10.2.0.3

The application connecting to the database instance is also AIX on a separate machine.

I've uploaded two screenshots:

Regards,
Thomas

What is your client application? If you use some middle tier, it's possible that after upgrade/migration/smth. else the autocommit parameter was set to "true" (actually the default behaviour for many systems) and commit is issued after each statement.

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back