Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mysterious calls to my cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdhaslett

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2020
US
Hi All,
I need to find how calls are being sent to my cell phone.

Over the last few days, I have started getting calls to my cell phone from our Avaya Aura 8.0 system. They keep happening when I am not in the office (24/7 company).

The first time it happened, it was dead air, then a couple beeps, then I heard on-hold music and hung up. My phone rung again a few seconds later. When I picked up, hold music.

The second time it happened, it was a customer that had called in to the office. They didn't tell me how they got to me. They just said they'd call back and hung up.

The third time it happened, I did not answer. After it stopped ringing, a second call came in a few seconds later. I also did not answer.

My EC500 is not turned on. My cell number is not programmed into the system Abbreviated Dialing list. I searched in our recording/stats system (Taske) but did not find my number anywhere.

I have no idea how these calls are getting sent to me. How can I figure this out?

No, we use Taske for reporting. I am not aware of any such system in Avaya.

Okay, if you don't have CDR, then you'll likely need to use wireshark (or similar) to watch the call data over the trunks. I'm not familiar with it, so we'll have to wait until someone chimes in.

In the meantime you can check: <-- talks about wireshark.

Also, I can walk you through all the places your number might be in the system -- if you have ASA -- let me know.

@kwing112000 - oh, good call. I hadn't noticed the separate forums.

The calls have stopped for now, so if they start again, I'll post there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back