Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mysterious # being added to outbound PRI calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

pzvoip

Vendor
Oct 15, 2010
US
Scenario -

G450 with DS1 PRI to carrier. Carrier is delivering SIP trunk to ADTran then handing off PRI interface. On outbound calls...sporadically and almost always when an AA answers on other side we are seeing a # being added into the call via "list trace tac". This is then causing issues with the far end AA that answers. I can replicate this and it isn't specific to channel, time, user etc.

We replaced the PRI card. We replaced the MM717 Digital pack and it still does this. It does it on IP phones, digital and analog.

Thoughts?

I thought this too. But in the trace the # is added from the CM.

It shows the following on list trace station:

Alert Trunk group 1 member 11
Digit # originated by station XXXX
Digit # sent to trunk group 1 member 11

???

What version of CM?

I'm sure I had this before on CM3.1.3, I think there was a patch which resolved it. Also I'm sure there was a programming change to the trunk group which also resolved it.

We patched the CM and eventually upgraded it as CM3.1.3 was so flakey.

its not on the route pattern is it ?

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

I would check your ARS / AAR table if it matches the minimum and maximum number of dialed digits. Besides this, if you are on 6.2 prior to SP8 then this could be something:

An additional pound sign (#) was added to the dialed number when ASAI was used to make calls and the minimum and maximum number of digits in the AAR/ ARS table were not equal.

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back