Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mysql to paradox

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexxxis

Programmer
Sep 21, 2006
RO
Hi
I have a mysql database, on a server, and i need to export it as a Paradox database [file], to be used by another application. Any ideeas on how can i do that ? [using php scripts ...]

I found a class of php functions [pxlib] that write paradox files [and i figured it should work to read the info out of the database and "write" a paradox DB file]. But i can`t understand a thing out of the instalation notes

"You will need 'pecl' and 'phpize'. Make sure the php-pear (for pecl) and php-devel (for phpize) packages are installed.

Download pxlib package from pxlib.sourceforge.net. expand/config/make/make install. No tricks there.

pecl install paradox

Edit php.ini or, preferably, create /etc/php.d/paradox.ini to contain:

extension=paradox.so

'php --info | grep paradox' to verify the configuration is read properly and there are no errors. You should see something like...

/etc/php.d/paradox.ini,
paradox

service httpd restart"

The database is on a host. And i can`t figure out how to install pxlib ...

You might be better off in the PHP forum, but....
What platform are you on (looks *nix)
You could use the ODBC extnetion (never used on *nix)
or use the Paradox extnetion You'll need to identify data types to map between (which can be fiddly). Then query mysql for the data you want, then in a loop map your data and insert it into the paradox table.
Might be easier than messing about (you'll need to get it working once it's installed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back