Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MySQL db - data not saved

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBNservices

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2004
US
I have set up a MySQL db on one server, the IIS 6.0 on another. Using Frontpage I created some forms to input data. On a test page I made I have 4 fields. First is the ID which is autonumber (I leave alone). The second is marked as TEXT, the third is MEDIUMTEXT, and the fourth is DATE.

In the TEXT fields nothing is saved into the db. But whatever I put in the DATE field is saved. I played around a bit and found if I put in a single letter (a for example) it will be saved in the TEXT fields. If I put in "aa" it will not save.

Yet in the db itself I have no issues putting in long text phrase into the same field. Therefore I assume this is some issue on how either Frontpage created the form or the webserver is sending the data. Is there anything special I need to do to get a from made with Frontpage to work with MySQL db? I have made numerous forms to use a MS Access db without any issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back