Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mysql databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucidtech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2005
US
I am very proficient in ColdFusion, when it comes to running it as a local server and connecting to Access databases. I recently purchased a virtual dedicated server running apache, and have set up my apahce server as a web server in coldfusion. My problem is I am trying to connect to a MySQL database that I recently created, and I'm not sure how. I created the database in Plesk, but when I run a CFM page to connect to the database, I get the error that the database doesnt exist. Can anyone give me a bumb in the right direction?

There could be quite a few reason it wouldn't work:

[ul][li]Have you setup a DSN connection to the database in the CFAdmin?[/li]
[li]What version of Coldfusion are you using?[/li]
[li]Do you have any MySQL drivers installed on the machine?[/li]
[/ul]
Hope this helps

Wullie

Fresh Look - Quality Coldfusion 7/Windows Hosting

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

I'm running Coldfusion MX 7 on a Red Hat Fedora Core 2 system with an Apache web server. Coldfusion came installed on the system (its a virtual dedicated server through another company). I dont know where to find the CFadmin page, or if it even exists. I guess I'll have to check Coldfusion config files.. maybe its in there. Thanks.

im so lost.. i have no idea where the cfadmin page is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back