Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mysql conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countrydj99

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2020
GB
My databases are all mysql. They are stored as databse directory, and database.frm, database.MYD, database.MYI.
I need to convert these to .sql in order to upload to another provider.
Can anybody tell me how to do it.

Alternative, is it possible to host a website that uses mysql on one server, and host the mysql database on another server. If it is, how do I do it?

Thankyou,

John C

Whether it's possible to access a mysql database from the current location from another domain, a new site, depends on whether remote access is allowed.

In short: It depends - as always :). You need to clear this question with your hoster or cloud provider.

It's simpler than it seems, though, to find out, because you know after changing host=localhost or host=127.0.0.1 or host=servername as necessary. One thing is for sure, especially if you don't host your new domain with the same hoster or within the same cloud provider, you will have a slower connection.

Typical solutions about sharing data among different office locations of the same company or different customers can differ very much and mean different best strategies from a local database everywhere over replication to a centralized data location and mixed strategies.

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back