Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mysql Administration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmptrnerd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2001
US
I have a Mysql server version 5 running on netware. I'm trying to use mysql administrator running on a Windows workstation.

I tried connecting to the server and I was getting an error saying 1035 which I resolved with a grant command. However I still don't think I have enough rights since I'm unable to do any user adinistration without getting errors. I'm unable to edit users.

Any help on how to get the correct rights to do admin with the administrator program?

Mark

Grant all on whatever doesn't automatically add the "grant" permission which is where you may be struggling.

I did notice when doing an SQL query on user table that the Grant option was marked as no but I reset the users security with the grant option and I still have the problem.

Mark

post the error, that could help ...

I'm only getting error messages when I enter new users.

When I entered the last user this was the last error.

Then when you refresh the user the user is created. The SQL admin does not allow me to make changes to users so I'm guessing I don't have enough rights.

Mark

Thanks Piti I ran the mysql-fix-privilege-tables and now I can run the SQL administrator and do user maintenance.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back