Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MySQL 4.1.22 and SQL Server 2005 on same server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2003
US
Is anyone running MySQL and SQL Server on the same machine? We are running SQL Server 2005 on a Win2k3 server and need to add an instance of MySQL for a new PHP site. I'm not familiar with MySQL and would appreciate any feedback and guidance that can be offered. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
stelljohann
--The number of times an uninteresting thing happens is an interesting thing.--

I hate myself for asking this but why not use the sql2005 server that is already installed ?

to answer your question I have never tried but cannot ses any reason why Mysql could not be installed as well, just check it is using a differnt port to sql2005 for communication

Good question. The site has been under development for some time and all work has been done in MySQL. It was originally going to be hosted by the development company, but the decision was made recently to bring it in house.

Thanks,
stelljohann
--The number of times an uninteresting thing happens is an interesting thing.--

you can run them on the same machine, they use each a different TCP port (ms = 1434, my = 3306)

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

small correction, mssql uses port 1433 (TCP), 1434 is used for UDP

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back