Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MyHandyRestaurant - Help with admin password !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

southbeach

Programmer
Jan 22, 2008
US
I just downloaded and installed this FREE application. I was never given the option to setup the "admin" password and yet, it is required to do administrative things.

I opened the MySQL table and the password looks like this:

5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99

I figure it is an MD5 or something like it ... How do I reveal a hashed string?

Funny enough, I cannot find any script where md5() is used. If I do not get a remedy for this, I may have to edit the log on scripts and I rather not do that.

Thank you all in advance!

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

Silly me, I was fighting this program on its own terms ... I figured I could simply
Code:
<? echo md5('mypassword'); ?>
copy the string and paste it on the MySQL administrator record.

Now, I have the password! :)

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

According to the site, the default user/pwd combo for admins is

Administrator
password

however it does not bode well that their demos are broken and the site has not been updated for 3 years!

good luck !

I was so frustrated that I must to be blinded ...

I noticed that the site has not been updated for a very long time but I am looking for ideas/options for a Restaurant Management Application. This application came up so many times in my search that I figure I give it a shot!

Thanks!

--
SouthBeach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back