Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My website looks terrible using the Netscape browser!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madelief

Programmer
Apr 6, 2002
FR
Why does my website look terrible using Nescape navigator? I've uploaded my site to a server, everything looks good in Microsoft explorer but when I use Netscape Navigator, it looks terrible. Some pictures are not loading, some show up on the wrong place. I've made the site in Dreamweaver and have used layers to position the pictures. When I check the target browser, in this case Netscape, it gives me no errors however!
Any suggestions?

Madelief

If you could post the URL to your site it might be a bit easier to help you. Also post what version of netscape you are using. ===
Supports Mozilla and Web Standards
Knows HTML/XHTML, CSS1, JavaScript, PHP, C++, DOM1
===

Hey I can't get to that URL it gives me a 404 error. ===
Supports Mozilla and Web Standards
Knows HTML/XHTML, CSS1, JavaScript, PHP, C++, DOM1
===

Ok the url should be:
If you had looked closely you would have seen the space in the url.

I've checked the site in:
Netscapte Navigator 4.7 - Not perfect but everythings there.
Opera 6.01 - Perfect and fast
Mozilla 0.9.9 - Perfect and fast
Internet Explorer 6 - Perfect and slow..very slow

So not sure what your problem is! But thought I'd let you know which browsers its happy in.

Stressball,

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Someone thought it had to do with the layers I have used in the site. Doesn't Netscape support layers very well? Does it mean I have to redesign the whole thing so people who use Netscape are able to see it the way I had intended?

Madelief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back