Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Volume field not change

Status
Not open for further replies.

budich

Programmer
Oct 7, 2000
ID
Dear Friends,

I'd like to ask questions about my form.
I made a form that consist of the delivery docket entry. In the form, we key in Length, width and height of the delivery truck to calculate volume. Volume is driven by formula = Length * width * height, the formula is located in the query.
So, volume is not one of my field in the database. it is only appear in my screen.

Length, width and height I take from the combo box name List of truck. When I choose a truck it gives the value Length, width and height.

Now my problem if I change the height for example. the volume in my forms didn't update (still use the previous calculation.

My question is, how to make the volume in my form always update when I change the width ??

Thank you very much in advance

By making the volume control unbound, setting its ControlSource property with the formula.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back