Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Virtual Network isn't bridging to my Physical Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

craizie11

MIS
Mar 18, 2004
US
Please help...

I'm using VMWare Workstation 5, and i've setup my virtual windows 2000 professional Workstation to bridge to my physical network card. However, the virtual card is not able to connect to the physical network. I cannot get an IP address using DHCP, and even if i assign my virtual machine an IP it still doesn't connect to the network.

Windows (on the virtual machine) says it's got a network cable plugged in, but not able to do anything.

My host machine is a 2000 Advanced Server and it's network is working fine.

Any advice.

Thanks.

Does your host server have more than one network card?
Also check the properties of the VMWare bridge protocol number under the servers network card settings, this should match the id that your win2k virtual machines nic is set to.

I have two NICs, however they are teamed together as on One using the HP Network Utility (makes the OS think there is only one). I tried having the two nics seperate, disabling one and as a team and neither option seems to work.

Is there a specific setting i need if the two nics are working seperately?

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back