Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My VBA Help is Broken (Office XP, Windows XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbpsfl

Programmer
Jan 29, 2003
US
In any Office App (XP) "Help" works OK. If I go to the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11) the HTML Help page never loads. Sometimes it doesn't appear at all, or appears after another window closes--or maybe it popped-under?

Can I get my help back?

My first choice would be to have access to Office 2000 help also.

Have you tried to repair your msoffice install ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks for answering. That was the first thing I tried. Tried a couple regsvr commands too. Also updated to IE 7 and pointed the browser at the .chm files. Still no luck.

Are you sure VBA Help was installed in the first place? Installing VBA Help is not the default when Office is installed. It has to be explicitly installed.

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

I never did get the help "feature" to work in Acc 2K. Installed Office XP and all was well again. No clue why, as I tried everything...

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back