Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My user ID keeps attaching itself to the report. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcmuchip

Programmer
May 31, 2001
Whenever I verify a database, my user id is "attached" to the file. I can see it if I go to Set Location.

We noticed a problem when I would save a report and let someone run it. They would get a prompt for user id and password. If my user id is NOT seen in Set Location and I save the report. The other person does not get the prompt.

Is there a way to prevent my user id from being saved with the report?

In order for viewing report with dynamic data, you need to provide the userid and password to open the new connection .

Thanks for your reply. However, it doesn't answer my question.

Background info:
If I were to first create the report and NOT verify the database or access the data, my user id would not be attached to the report. I can then save the report and let other people run the report and not have a prompt for a user id/password.
Now, if I do verify the database or set a location (and therefore attach MY user id to the report) other people that run the report get a prompt for user id/password.

When I first created the report, my user id was not visible in the Set Location dialog box. Now that I have verified the database (by mistake I chose the wrong option), my user id is visible in the Set Location dialog box. How do I remove my user id?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back