Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My SSTab and DBGrid controls have dissappeared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPaladin

Programmer
Jul 9, 1999
US
I have had some kind of file corruption that now prevents me from successfully loading (in development mode) any forms with SSTab or DBGrid controls. The log file created contains the following:
Line 18: Class TabDlg.SSTab of control SSTab1 was not a loaded control class.
Line 238: Class MSDBGrid.DBGrid of control DBGrid3 was not a loaded control class.

I have tried uninstalling VB6, reinstalling VB6, and reinstalling Service Pack 3. It still is corrupted. This is not the first time this has happened so I'm hoping someone else that has had this problem knows a better solution than reformating my computer, and reinstalling EVERYTHING. There HAS to be an easier, less painful way. [sig][/sig]

This has happened to me but with the ListView control instead.

Let's try this first:

- Create a new Standard EXE
- Add the Components for these two controls
- Put one of each of the controls on Form1 (no code needed)
- Save your work and exit

- Start VB again and open the newly created app

If this works then you don't need to reinstall anything as the components containing the controls are fine.

If this is the case then open the main project that contains the forms in error and delete the controls that are problematic (from these forms) then save your work and exit. Reopen the project and create these controls again, name them with the original name and all the code should still be in the form!

Let's see how this works before we try other solutions!

Tarek [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back