Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Settings - Sharepoint Foundation 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artois27

Technical User
Nov 19, 2010
GB
Is it possible to add more fields to a user's My Settings? What I want to do is have somewhere on SharePoint where a user can update their personal details, a place where they can amend their home address if they move house or amend an emergency contact. Once they have amended, I would like the system to notify me as I look after the HR details. What I currently do is submit a form twice yearly to staff for them to advise me if there have been any changes. They complete the form and I then have to cross check against each person's personnel file which is time consuming. If there was something on Sharepoint where they could amend and then the system notify me, I would only have to check the people who have an amendment to their details. For all other employees, it would be helpful if I could have a notification to say they have checked their details on the system but then advise whether the details have been edited or not. I know Foundation has limitations in relation to Standard and Enterprise editions of SharePoint and would appreciate answers to all versions. You never know we may upgrade so all answers would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back