Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My problem with Exchange 2000 + Windows 2000 + everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaneF

MIS
Mar 23, 2004
ZA
We are running Veritas Backup exec 9.1 running on a Windows 2000 box. Then I have got another Windows 2000 box running Exchange 2000. Now this is where my problem: When selecting the exchange server to backup, it doesn't allow me to select anything else other than shares. All is greyed out saying "Access denied..." We have got licences for the remote agent as well as exchange. I setup a test enviroment and it worked fine. I did notice that the registory entries are differtant. The backup user is part of the domain admins group, I have re-insatlled the agent countless times... please, any ideas... Thanks in advance

Ahoy ThaneF

I have had a similar problem ...

We are running Win2K Servers with Backup Exec 9. Our backups were working 100% and then all of a sudden we got the above error when backing up the exchange stores. I checked all the services and logon accounts as suggested on the veritas support site, they were fine.
See -
Another thing which through me off course was the fact that it was backing up drives(local & remote) and files perfectly, whiles the mailbox & public folders were’nt backing up at all. (Credentials? - I dont think so!)

Eventually I noticed that the Backup Admin Account(permissions to everything), was set to be hidden from the exchange address lists. Once I changed this option in the AD to show again, the exchange stores backed up without hassles.

Hope this helps you guys ;P

Maybe ... Take a look at Thread ID 724452 - Backup Exec 9 and restoring to Exchang 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back