Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My printer prints from bottom of document to top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casein

Technical User
Jan 6, 2002
US
Since I installed XP my HP printer 820Cse prints from the bottom of the document to the top.How do I reverse this back to from the top to bottom?

Have you got HP's XP printer driver's installed?

Also check out Printer Preferences and make sure this check box is not selected.

"Start Printing from Last Page"

Prints the pages of your document in reverse order (last page first).

I cannot find such a box in printing preferences. I found the printing preference box.There are two sheets, layout and paper/quality.
There is also no such box in HP 820Cse Preferences.

It sounds like you only have the basic XP print driver installed. You might have the option of selecting Page Order with that, under the Layout page.

Page Order, specifies the order in which the pages of your document will be printed. Front to Back prints the document so that page 1 is on top of the stack. Back to Front prints the document so that page 1 is on the bottom of the stack.

The correct printer driver should give you more features than the basic driver.

Even so, this is really only a guess as to what is causing reverse order printing on a single page.

Where can I find XP drivers for my HP 820Cse, the HP site tells me that the drivers for 820Cse are built into XP.

My apologies HP do not have a driver for that model.

The drivers for HP Deskjet 820Cse printers are included in Windows XP.

The only option this leaves in regards to drivers is to uninstall and re-install the current XP driver.

Have you tried posting your question at the HP Deskjet forum?

The only other thing I can think of is to ask was this an upgrade from windows 98 or similar, or was XP a clean install.

I include this MSKB article for information only as an example of what problems upgrading rather than clean install might cause.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q315325
You Cannot Print Documents After Upgrade to Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back