Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My PC Wont Boot Up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMasters

Programmer
Nov 14, 2000
GB
I really need help and fast! I recently switched on a very old machine and I get the following message almost immediately:
ATI MACH64 SGRAM BIOS 3.002

And thats it, nothing else, no beeps, nothing.
Please can someone tell me what this means and what I can do to fix it. Many thanks

Rick

Does it have memory in it? Usually a memory check is done after the graphics card info is displayed.

I'm with pav...check the memory, and replace if needed. Also I would try removing all non-essential hardware such as sound cards, modems, etc... and see if you still have the problem. May also try replacing the video card.

Best of luck...

Jeff

MCSE,CCNA,ASE

Thanks for writing back guys, I have got the box open and there is a RAM stick in the slot, but there is an empty slot aswell. Should I just go and buy some more memory, is there a way to test if the stick is knackered or the slot/motherboard?

Thanks again, Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back