Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My OU Heirarchy..and GPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrevuru

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2004
US
Hello:

Here is the my OU heirarchy

DOMAINROOT
->Builtin
->Groups ( I created this OU)
->Accounting
->Executive
->Management
->Staff

Here is the issues iam running in. I have a logon script for
for every OU, accouting,executive,management,staff. Which i wanted to add their corresponding network drives.

When i apply the GPO. it does not get executed.

BUt for a trial, when consildated all the scripts, into one script and applied on "DOMAINROOT" level..and the GPO gets executed.

Please somebody tell me what am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

which OUs is the gpo that does not get executed linked to? each OU?

is it a user or a comuter logon script?
are your users in the OUs that the GPO is affected to?

Aftertaf (david)
MCSA 2003

Thanks david for the quick response

Logon scripts is for User.

As i said before "GROUPS" is the main OU. And the GROUPS has sub-GROUPS
1.Accounting
2.Management
3.Executive
4.Staff

Users are all in "USERS" OU. But they are part of the above groups.

I attached GPO to all the sub-GROUPS, but the parent GROUP doesnt have anything? Do you think it still matters?

Thanks,

GPO applies to objects (pcs and users) that are in the OU to which the GPO is applied.

if you have an OU with a security group, and you want members of the group to have a GPO applied to them, it dont work if you apply the GPO to the OU containing the group...

you can make 4 child OUs of your GROUPS OU, put the relevant users in each OU then apply a different GPO to each child OU if you want, or apply the same to all by linking it to GROUPS OU.

Aftertaf (david)
MCSA 2003

Go to the properties of the OU>Group Policy>Options check the No Overide. This will prevent the Policies above these OU in the chain from overiding the lower one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back