Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My Norstar M7310 has a different VM message for lines 2 thru 4 when line 1 is busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMPutney

Technical User
Sep 9, 2016
US
My Norstar M7310 has a different VM message for lines 2 thru 5 when line 1 is busy. How do I get that message to be the same as the message for line 1, which is a custom recorded after-hours VM message for my company? The message for lines 2-5 is a voicemail recording for a person who is no longer employed at our company, and his extension is no longer in use.

To me sounds like the extension is set for lines appear and ring and call forward busy. You will need to turn off call forward busy for that old employee's extension. A technician would be able to do this easily.

Unfortunately, I do not know the extension; it has been out of use for 6 years. I've checked all possible extensions and cannot find that recording on any of our existing phones.

do a Feature 980 and test different mailbox numbers until you hear the greeting in question. Once you've identified it, see if you can delete that mailbox. good luck!

Yeah, tried that. No luck. Can't hear that message on any of the mailboxes I tried. That makes me think that there is an alternate message somewhere in the AA settings. I tried checking all sorts of Greetings, but no luck. I'm really up against a brick wall here. Will keep trying, though. [smile]

Is it possible the carrier has a mailbox on your main line?
You might need to give more detail then you have.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

No, I don't think it's the carrier. This was a former employee's voice message; I knew him when he was employed here. I've changed a couple of settings for the Call Forward Busy and Call Forward No Answer, but I haven't checked to see if it works yet. I'm hopeful.

Are you sure this is voice mail messages or are they auto-attendant greetings?

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

None of the AA greetings match the message I'm hearing, so I'm assuming it's an old voicemail message.

Maybe check the personal greetings in the mailboxes, the one tied to caller id, not the prime or alt. One receptionist recorded in that one and it took me a bit to figure that one out.

Do you know what ext number they used to be?
Check the programming on that phone and delete the mailbox.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I've checked all the personal greetings -- no match. And I do not know the old extension number of the former employee. I've checked all possible extensions available with our phone system, and no match to the message I'm hearing.

To be sure

F983 and log in
MBOX
CHG ( or DEL)
DIR
Press NEXT until you see a mailbox that should not be there and delete it.

General Mailbox 10/100 and System Manager 12/102 are built so check those greetings too.
Once you can assure that all mailboxes in the DIR (directory) are accounted for and their greetings then your issue is not with a mailbox on the system or you have resolved it.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Also what vmail system is it?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I don't mean to sound like a complete idiot, but I have no idea how to tell what type of vmail it is. Sorry!

I have printed out your other instructions (see below), and I will try that when I have a moment. Thanks!

To be sure

F983 and log in
MBOX
CHG ( or DEL)
DIR
Press NEXT until you see a mailbox that should not be there and delete it.

General Mailbox 10/100 and System Manager 12/102 are built so check those greetings too.
Once you can assure that all mailboxes in the DIR (directory) are accounted for and their greetings then your issue is not with a mailbox on the system or you have resolved it.[/i]

To check voicemail version, log in with feature 983, enter your login number, then press 9, it will give you a version. Let us know.

You can call it a Callpilot 100 or 150 going forward.

100 has 2 lights on left side and uses two ports on the KSU
150 has 4 lights on the left side and uses 4 ports on the KSU

Or double check the NT number on the front (with door open) in google.

As for the software level you are outed and and issues as known with that version.
3.1 is the latest.

The right tech can upgrade your current software card within and hour for a reasonable fee.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back