Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My nested report won't go onto the next page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane766

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2004
CA
Hi,

I've got a report that has a nested report near the bottom of it. The nested report is set to Slide Directly Above and to Autosize height.

If many rows are returned in the main report the nested report gets moved down a bit. But the nested report never starts a new page?

I really need the nested report to push onto a second page so that no information is missing.

Thanks for you ideas,
Dan

Hi,

I don't know the exact way to solve the problem. But some property setting in the reports ( composite/nested) can affect the behaviour you described.

1. check if detailheight in any of your reports is set to a value greater than pagesize regardless of autosizeheight is set to yes or no

2. check if the total sum of header, detail, summary and footer is greater than pagesize in any of your reports

3. make the nested reports small in height. eg 100 units. make the detailheight of the composite report so thatit ends directly below the nested or overlap a little with it.

4. put the nested report more to the head of the composite report

5. if you have rows/text above the nested report change the main report to be a real composite. that means create a new report with the data that has to be shown above the nested one and insert it as a nested report directly above the other nested one.

6. check for the property autoslide ... allabove/directlyabove/none ... in some (unknown cases and reasons) this can force an unwanted behaciour of reports

to say it more overall play around with the properties of height either detail/header/summyry/footer and autosizeheight and the position where you place the nested reports in design. often it is the problem that the sum of all nested reports in header or deteil height is more than the total page height. Don't forget about that - your nested report itself can have nested reports and so on)

Hope I could help you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back