Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

My NAS (linux based) doesn't work correct !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreac

Technical User
Mar 4, 2003
IT
I installed a NAS by RAIDTEC model SNAZ S4 on network with NT Domain, but it doesn't work correct.
I am able to ping the nas from command line, with his address and it's name too. I reach the nas with no problem and I reach his GUI but now there is another kind of problem, because if I seek the nas from MS network I can't see it, I can't see the entire server name and not only the share.
It seems like a connection problem, but I have used a new patch cord and the 3Com switch is the same of the PDC and the other clients.
I have already created the shares for the users and this morning when only a few persons are using the network they tell me that everything working fine, but when all the people are arrived at work and turn on the pc, the problem starts.
I have the first problem when I try to copy files from the W2K file server to the nas; only with a program like robocopy I successfully copy all the files but in the .log I see that it try to copy certain files many times.
I have configured the nas GUI for a NT Compatible network.

I need help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back